Tuesday, September 12, 2017

El Elyon Part 2


El Elyon, the God Most High, was the name that satan desired for himself. In Isaiah 14:14  satan declared he would make himself like the God Most High. He understood completely the meaning of God Most High.
Only God is El Elyon and He desires to be Most High in the lives of each of us.
I would like to point  some people in the bible that recognized this position of God Most High. First, David, who later became King David. This familiar  narrative in the bible is one of my favorites. The story starts in: 1 Samuel 17:4. There was a giant named Goliath who was terrorizing King Saul and his army. Not only was he huge, so were his weapons. He continually mocked Saul’s army day and night for 40 days challenging them to fight, but they were all afraid of him. Finally David spoke up and volunteered to fight Goliath. David was not big, in fact he was quite small. He was not strong. He was very young, probably between the ages of 12-15 years. He did have one huge advantage over the other men. He knew El Elyon. He knew the God Most High. In verse 37 David declares, “The Lord Who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine (Goliath).
I can’t help but think how much joy that statement brought to the heart of God. God longs for us to know Him this intimately..the God Most High. The God Who is above ALL our circumstances and situations. Ephesians 3:20 tells us that “God (the God Most High) is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think”.
Sunday night in church (Faith Center International: Rockford, Il.), Apostle Lyon said, “God’s promises are our greatest encouragement because God never fails.”  He never fails because He is God Most High.
I hope you’ll join me in wanting that certainty that David had...that intimacy of Knowing God is Most High in my life. Not just over the problems but Most High over my relationships, my marriage, my prayer life, my thinking. I want to be one with the heart of God.


 :

No comments:

Post a Comment